CRITICAL INFORMATION FOR COACHES & TEAM MANAGERS REGARDING COACHES CHECK-IN, ROSTERED PLAYER FEE, & AWARDS
"COACHES CHECK-IN" will take place at Bakersfield Park for WEEK ONE teams.
"COACHES CHECK-IN" will take place at D-BAT Lewisville for WEEK TWO teams.
And, will be by Appointment Only for Week Two.
1). FOR WEEK ONE TEAMS, COACHES CHECK-IN WILL TAKE PLACE AT BAKERSFIELD PARK. Location is the Baseball Pavilion overlooking Field 3, adjacent to the parking lot. Time will be from 8:30 - 9:30 AM (first come first served). Note: You will identify your designated player for the Home Run Derby at Check-In. That player will compete in the HRD at the designated time.
2). FOR WEEK TWO TEAMS, COACHES CHECK-IN WILL BE SCHEDULED BY APPOINTMENT ONLY (in 5 minute increments, see below for details). Please register here for a time. COACHES CHECK-IN WILL TAKE PLACE AT D-BAT LEWISVILLE (1500 Fairway Dr. Lewisville, TX 75057).
3). FOR WEEK TWO TEAMS, the Home Run Derby Skills Challenge (1 player per team) will be take place immediately following scheduled COACHES CHECK-IN time and will take place at D-BAT Lewisville. As an example: Your Coaches Check-In Time is 8:00 AM to 8:10 AM. That same team is automatically scheduled/slotted for their Home Run Derby participant from 8:10 AM to 8:20 AM (and it flows this way all day). All other Skills Challenge Events are scheduled to take place at Bakersfield Park!
Come organized and prepared and it will go quickly!
Required PRIOR to Check-In:
- All players who will be playing on your team during the KC&BO VFG Sports Performance National Championship must be listed on your official online NCS roster, and each of those players' guardians must have the online roster waiver completed before the following cut off dates:
PLEASE NOTE: Players do not need to be present at the Coaches check-in, only the one (1) player participating in the Home Run Derby is required to be there for Week Two teams.
- Week One - Rosters and Waivers Must be Completed by: FRIDAY, June 9th, 2023.
- Week Two - Rosters and Waivers Must be Completed by: FRIDAY June 16th, 2023.
- There are NO EXCEPTIONS. If a player is not on your roster by these dates they may not play in the KC&BO VFG Sports Performance National Championship Tournament. THIS REFERENCES YOUR PLAYERS BEING ON YOUR NCS ROSTER. THERE IS NO SEPARATE ROSTER/WAIVER FORM.
Please note that Site Directors (same policy as the last several years) will be randomly be checking rosters throughout the week (each day, at all venues).
Required AT Check-In:
To keep the process moving efficiently, please approach the Check-In Table ready to verify the NCS Roster (which we will provide), and please have payment ready. YOU ARE NOT BRINGING ANY PAPERWORK THIS YEAR. All rosters/waivers are done online in the NCS system, by the above stated deadlines.
- Coaches are strongly encouraged to have a copy of each player's birth certificate. Be aware that if an age challenge or roster challenge occurs, you will be responsible to present a copy of the B/C on site at the time of the protest. Failure to do so will result in the player being deemed ineligible. It is the Coaches responsibility to have a copy of the B/C.
- The Tournament will provide printed copies of your NCS APPROVED TEAM ROSTER at check-in. You will verify and pay the rostered player gate. Please Note: Rosters are LOCKED and PRINTED on Friday June 9th and June 16th. NO NEW PLAYERS CAN BE ADDED AFTER THE ROSTER ARE LOCKED. This includes NO NEW PLAYERS CAN BE ADDED AT CHECK-IN.
- Coaches MUST ENSURE their insurance is UPLOADED & APPROVED on the NCS website. Teams without approved insurance on the NCS website will NOT be allowed to participate. Insurance MUST BE APPROVED prior to you check-in date.
- Coaches MUST ENSURE each player has a completed the liability waiver form. (THIS REFERENCES YOUR PLAYERS BEING ON YOUR NCS ROSTER. THERE IS NO SEPARATE ROSTER/WAIVER FORM.) This MUST BE DONE PRIOR TO ROSTERS LOCKING. Those must have been completed online in advance (as referenced above by the respective date for tournament play). Any player without a completed waiver will be ineligible to participate in the tournament. These Forms WILL NOT be provided at check-in. Make sure all players are registered in advance and have completed the waiver and are in the system by the cutoff dates listed above. Again, you must complete the Liability Waiver Form online, by the dates referenced above, and all players MUST be listed on your approved NCS Team Roster that you bring to check-in.
- Coaches MUST PAY your team's Rostered Player Gate Fee at Check-In. This fee must be paid as a single payment per team and must be paid in cash (NO CHECKS). The admission fee applies to ALL ROSTERED PLAYERS. (The only exception is for siblings playing on the SAME team.) The fee is $75 per rostered player.
- The Emergency Contact and Hotel Information Form will be completed electronically during check-in.
- Coaches complete the Code of Conduct Form electronically during check-in.
Where is Coaches Check-In:
Coaches Check-In for WEEK ONE teams will happen at:
1201 Duncan Lane
Flower Mound, TX 75028
Coaches Check-In for WEEK TWO teams will happen at:
1500 Fairway Dr.
Lewisville, TX 75057
When is Coaches Check-In:
Week One: June 10th, 8:30 - 9:30 AM
COACHES CHECK-IN FOR WEEK TWO IS SCHEDULED BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
APPOINTMENT OPPORTUNITIES HAVE BEEN SPREAD OUT OVER SEVERAL HOURS ON SATURDAY June 17th (for Week Two Coaches). FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW TO THE SIGN UP GENIUS PAGE TO PICK THE TIME THAT WORKS BEST FOR YOU:
Please NOTE: The Sign Up Genius link to schedule your Coaches Check-In appointment is now available for WEEK TWO coaches:
FOLLOW THIS LINK TO SIGN UP FOR A SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT TIME:
PRIOR TO ARRIVAL PLEASE FILL OUT THE HOTEL AND EMERGENCY CONTACT FORM
Remember, the WEEK TWO Coaches Check-In also INCLUDES the Home Run Derby Skills Challenge, so make sure you bring your teams designated participant (1-player) for the Home Run Derby! (This is a scheduled event, by appointment only, no walk-ups. The HRD participant must accompany their Coach to Check-In. See Home Run Derby section on this page for complete details.) PLEASE NOTE: Other Team Members Are Allowed to Come Watch & Cheer on Their Teammate! The D-BAT Lewisville Pro Shop will be open featuring Special Deals for the AAYBA players and families!
Check-In Time slots are FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED, so get signed up & secure your time slot ASAP once the link goes live!
Rostered Player Fee:
No Individual "Per Person" Gate Fees will be collected, only the Rostered Player Fee (i.e. "Gate Fee") of $75 per approved player on your official NCS Roster. The rostered player fee covers anybody traveling with the team; parents, grandparents, siblings, relatives, friends, neighbors, etc. The rostered player fee is required for all registered players playing in the KC&BO VFG Sports Performance National Championship, regardless of number of games played, etc. The Tournament Directors and the Site Directors, will be checking rosters daily at all locations. All Rostered Player Fees must be paid prior to the start of the tournament (at Coaches Check-In), and any failure to do so will result in (i) the unpaid player(s) being removed from the tournament, (ii) the current/upcoming game being forfeited, and (iii) the coach/manager suspended for the 3 games. A second violation suspends the team from the tournament. The rostered player fee applies to ALL APPROVED ROSTERED PLAYERS. (The only exception is for siblings playing on the SAME team, in which case only one sibling will have to pay the fee.)
Champion and Finalist will receive awards for each Rostered Player listed on the official team roster turned in at Check-In.