Team Quantities & Formation
The number of teams will vary based upon Age Group and may change from year-to-year. FMYSA only attempts to provide the All-Star experience for age groups 6U through 12U. FMYSA will not be able to provide an All-Star Team for any age group where no coach volunteers to coach an All-Star team.
FMYSA's objective is to provide the All-Star experience to as many kids as possible while trying to ensure it to be a positive experience. One of the primary components of a positive experience will be that each team be competitive.
Each team's coach shall determine tournament participation.
Teams shall be formed in the following manner:
- Each team will have a Coach (see Coach Selection process below) and between one to four Assistant Coaches.
- The V.P. of Softball has the responsibility for selecting player evaluators for the tryouts. The evaluators will mainly consist of coaches from FMYSA's Sanctioned Select Teams.
- Only players participating in the FMYSA recreation leagues can participate in All Star experience.
- All recreational softball players are eligible to try out for all-stars.
- All players will be evaluated via a tryout process and players selected based on scores during the try-out.
- Players must tryout for All-Star teams in the same age group they participated in that qualifying Spring season.
- An All-Star team roster shall consist of 11 to 12 players unless modified by the V.P. of Recreation Softball.
The Coach Selection process is intended to ensure fairness and maintain the goal of providing a quality All-Star experience for all players involved. The coach selection process will consist of the following:
- Interested Coaches must fill out an online All-Star coach's application.
- Any selected Coach's daughter must be able to make the applicable All-Star team.
- The Applicant Coach must be listed as a Head coach in the FMYSA recreational league age group and season applying to coach said All-Star team.
- A Head Coach cannot be the Head Coach for multiple All-Star, Select, or other tournament teams during the same tournament season.
- Each age group director shall evaluate and submit final recommendations from qualified applicants for final approval to FMYSA V.P. of Softball for approval.
Tryout Dates & Times
See the calendar of events
Please register at www.fmysa.com. All participants will need to fill out and PRINT the All Star Evaluation Form prior to arrival.
Under no circumstance can ALL Star activities interfere with any FMYSA recreational game, City Championship tournament game or scheduled FMYSA events.
Only players who played recreational softballl with FMYSA in the previous season are eligible to play all-starsoftball representing FMYSA. If a substitute/guest player is needed, that player can be used from the pool of available players from FMYSA's previous season at the discretion of the head coach.