Posted Apr 26, 2017
IMPORTANT REMINDERS - Once Games have Started
The Weekly Master Game Schedule, Practice Fields, Picking up Bases after Games & Practices, Procedures for Dealing with Non-Compliant Teams, and Kids Having Fun Playing Baseball and Softball!
1. We have the very good fortune to practice on our game fields. Now that games are starting many of those fields are hosting games during the week and on the weekends, so you must check the “WEEKLY FIELDS MASTER” on the FMYSA Home Page for the game schedule each week on the FMYSA website to see field availability. The Weekly Master Game Schedule is uploaded each week to the FMYSA Home Page on the "Fields" tab. It is usually posted on Sunday evenings. This is the absolute best tool to use to look at for field availability, especially because many fields host different age groups for game play.
2. In the event you would like to try and reserve an alternate practice field, please email [email protected]. I know you already know this, but please understand that fields are very hard to come by once game play is underway. I'll do my best for you, but games take priority.
3. It is CRITICAL that you notify [email protected] if you are ever NOT GOING TO USE a scheduled practice slot for any reason (including because you have a game on a different field that day/night). Someone else will be looking for a place to practice, and we also need to be good stewards regarding light schedules.
4. Teams warming up for games have PRIORITY in the Batting Cages over teams with scheduled practices in the Batting Cages.
5. Teams with practices on Friday nights at Glenwick Park, Tiger Park, and Hilltop Park will need to check the WEEKLY MASTER GAME SCHEDULE to see if there are Saturday morning games scheduled. If there are Saturday morning games scheduled on those fields, then there are NO FRIDAY NIGHT practices allowed on those game fields as they will be freshly prepped, chalked and locked for the Saturday morning games.
6. Coaches, please remember to remove the bases and place them back in the dugout after your games and practices. Weeknights and weekends; if there is no game immediately following yours, or no team immediately waiting to take the field for practice, you must return the bases to the dugout. THIS IS GREATLY APPRECIATED and is also a requirement of keeping your practice field in good standing.
7. Procedure for handling non-compliant teams (Bases, non-usage of a scheduled fields, Lights):
- 1st offense: A text or email from me simply reminding you of league policy and asking for your support and compliance going forward
- 2nd offense: An email from me with Jeff Nelson (League President) cc’d, warning that a 3rd offense will cause the loss of a scheduled practice
- 3rd offense: An email from me, with Jeff cc’d, notifying team of loss of a scheduled practice slot
- We don’t ever want to take a practice field away, but out of respect to other teams and to the TOFM field crews and others that work the fields, we do enforce this policy.
8. Last Thing --- Have fun out there coaching & watching your daughter or your son play ball! Enjoy the experience with them and help them have fun playing ball! Please remember they are children, in most cases small, young children. They want to have FUN! Practice good sportsmanship and demonstrate a positive example for the young players of FMYSA.