The number of teams will vary based upon Age Group and may change from year-to-year. Look at www.fmysa.com for the current season's All-Star team count per age group. FMYSA only attempts to provide the All-Star experience for age groups 7U through 13/14. FMYSA will not be able to provide an All-Star Team for any age group where no coach volunteers to coach an All-Star team. (6U has been added for the Summer 2022 All-Star Season, and may be considered again for the 2023 All-Star Season.)
FMYSA's objective is to provide the All-Star experience to as many kids as possible while trying to ensure it to be a positive experience. One of the primary components of a positive experience will be that each team be competitive.
Each team's coach shall determine tournament participation.
Teams shall be formed in the following manner:
- Each team will have a Coach (see Coach Selection process below) and between one to four Assistant Coaches.
- The V.P. of Baseball has the responsibility for selecting player evaluators for the tryouts. The evaluators will mainly consist of coaches from FMYSA's Sanctioned Select Teams.
- Only players participating in the FMYSA recreation leagues can participate in All Star experience.
- All recreational baseball players are eligible to try out for all-stars.
- All players will be evaluated via a tryout process and players selected based on scores during the try-out.
- Players must tryout for All-Star teams in the same age group they participated in that qualifying Spring season (a player playing "up" into 8U Rec may not tryout for 7U All Stars).
- An All-Star team roster shall consist of 11 to 12 players unless modified by the V.P. of Recreation Baseball.
- All-Star teams are seasonal, that season typically runs from the last weekend in May through June.
The Coach Selection process is intended to ensure fairness and maintain the goal of providing a quality All-Star experience for all players involved. The coach selection process will consist of the following:
- Interested Coaches must fill out an online All-Star coach's application.
- Any selected Coach's son must be able to make the applicable All-Star team.
- The Applicant Coach must be listed as a Head coach in the FMYSA recreational league age group and season applying to coach said All-Star team.
- A Head Coach cannot be the Head Coach for multiple All-Star, Select, or other tournament teams during the same tournament season.
- Each age group director shall evaluate and submit final recommendations from qualified applicants for final approval to FMYSA V.P. of Baseball for approval.
Tryout Dates & Times
See the calendar of events
Under no circumstance can ALL Star activities interfere with any FMYSA recreational game, Town Championship Tournament games or other scheduled FMYSA events.
Only players who played recreational baseball with FMYSA in the previous season are eligible to play all-star baseball representing FMYSA. If a substitute/guest player is needed, that player can be used from the pool of available players from FMYSA's previous season at the discretion of the head coach.
All-Star Teams are seasonal only. The All-Star Season is typically late May through June.