With the start of each season, there are a number of items that must completed by each head coach. Please ensure these are completed in a timely manner. Should you have any questions, please contact your Age Group Director.
Regardless if you are interested in becoming a coach or you are a returning coach
- Please register when registering your child to play
Once you have been notified that you have been selected as a Head Coach
- Decide on a team name... Here
- Submit a Protected Roster... Here
- Complete and submit Uniform Order Form... Coming Soon
- Complete the Pre-Lottery Practice Field Selection form... Coming Soob
Once teams have been formed and a roster has been sent to you by the Age Group Director
- Contact parents within 24 hours
Attend the FMYSA Coaches Meeting. This is where you will receive your practice times/locations.
Notify parents of practice times
Begin practices no sooner than allowed by the town and FMYSA
- Have each of your assistant coaches complete the online coach's registration... during players registration
- Attend the Interlock Coaches Meeting. This is where rules for each age group will be discussed.
- Know the rules! The Mid Cities Interlock follows the IFA/VTD rulebook with certain exceptions that overrule the IFA/VTD rulebook.
- IFA/VTD Rulebook...
- Remain in contact with the parents. Communication is critical. Give parents as much notice as possible to schedule changes.
- Plan your practices before you get to the field. Practice time is very limited. Utilize 2-3 stations at a time and rotate the girls after about 15 minutes. Focus on developing skills. You will need to get your assistant coaches involved.
- Ask for help. If you need more on-field help, ask a parent to come shag balls or act as a baserunner.
- Ask for help from your age group director. Having trouble organizing a practice? Having trouble with a parent? Can't get enough parent participation? Ask for help.